AshaKiran is committed to educate, empathize and empower persons of South Asian origin and beyond while providing culturally sensitive and confidential services to people experiencing traumatic/stressful situations.
AshaKiran ensures to be a "ray of hope" towards building a healthy and harmonious community.
AshaKiran has three broad areas of focus-direct services, outreach, and advocacy. Within these some essential services offered are:
- AshaLine – a confidential and dedicated telephone line served by trained volunteers to provide multilingual, culturally sensitive support and referrals for persons dealing with trauma, social isolation, abandonment, individual or family crisis.
- Emergency Shelter and transitional home for persons experiencing violence and abuse. A safe space to help facilitate positive life changes and the only shelter in Alabama providing culturally sensitive services.
- Outreach on social issues and culturally relevant services.
- Support with translation, transportation, and accompaniment.
- Collaboration with similar organizations to provide other support.
- Increase awareness about available local and national resources in the community.