Established in 2006, AshaKiran is a non-profit, 501(c)(3), volunteer organization based in Huntsville, Alabama dedicated to serving the South Asian Community in North Alabama by providing assistance to persons who are in need of a support system.
In 2007 four educational seminars were conducted:
- Adolescents and Young Adults .
- Middle School age Adolescents.
- Parents of School and College Age Young Adults.
- Health Seminar
- Established Resource Library
- Collecting House hold Items
24/7 Ashaline is available (256)-509-1882.
Two Endowments named (1) Empowering Light and (2) Guiding Light were set up to assist in "reestablishing" lives: such as reeducating, retraining people of South Asian Origin that have experienced crisis situations.